POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Q: explode.inc from Chris Colefax : Re: explode.inc from Chris Colefax Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: explode.inc from Chris Colefax
From: Reinhard
Date: 17 Jun 2008 07:28:05
Message: <48579fc5@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> "Reinhard" <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I try to this include file to explode the following object.
>> But at the time the explosion shall begin the object is invisible.
>> Does anyone know if there is any restriction to use this include file?
>>
>> And can anyone give me a solution how I can solve the problem?
>> If you need more information please write.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Reinhard
>>
>> <code>
>> #declare DyingstarObject=sphere { <0,0,0>, 1
>
> Looking at the macro you'd need to assign your object to the identifier
> called 'explode_object' before including the #include file. I don't know if
> you do that elsewhere in your scene, but, if this is the problem you should
> see a warning in the message stream and to fix it you can just add the line:
>  #declare explode_object = object {DyingstarObject}
> before the #include.
>
> Most of the really obvious problems like the camera not pointing in the
> right direction, there being no light in the scene etc. you should be able
> to test by adding the line
>   object {DyingstarObject}
> to your scene instead of the include file. If you still can't see the object
> then it's a problem caused by something other than the include file.
>
> Another possibility that springs to mind is that something is placing itself
> between the camera and the visible objects in the scene. For example, if the
> camera is very close to the exploding object or inside it and a fragment
> happens to shield the camera at the start of the explosion.
>
> Chris B.

Meanwhile I found the problem: because the DyingstarObject object is a
moving object I have to add translate to the explode_object.

An other question I have: Can I manipulate the form of the particles?
In my animation they are looking strange for the exploding earth.

With particle_res I can manipulate the numbers of particles, can I? But
is there an #declare with which I can manipulate the form of them?

thank you,
Reinhard